Nuno Correia dos Santos
Born in Vale de Cambra in 1982. Graduated (2005) and PhD (2013) in Civil Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto.Throughout its scientific life, has developed research, mainly in the context of railway transport. Participated in research projects, such as:
– “Mitigation of train-induced vibrations in the vicinity of high-speed railways”, through the Ferrovia Knowledge Center, under the protocol established between Soares da Costa and the University of Porto;
– “High-speed train-induced vibration and noise: forecasting and mitigation”, project funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology [PTDC / ECM / 114505/2009];
– “PEDDIR – Dynamic Weighing and Irregularity Detection System”, project funded by the National Innovation Agency [NORTE-07-0202-FEDER-023161].
This activity resulted in more than a dozen articles published in international scientific journals and minutes of national and international conferences with scientific arbitration.
He has developed consultancy work, often on railway related topics, such as:
– “Measurement and evaluation of railway-induced vibrations at the construction site of the future Yeatman hotel”, through the FEUP Construction Institute;
– “Measurement and evaluation of vibrations induced by the crimping of the foundation piles of the Vila Nova de Gaia cable car base station”, through the FEUP Construction Institute;
– “Analysis of the abnormal wear of the 2300/2400 railcar wheels in service on the Sintra line”, through the Ferrovia Knowledge Center.
He was an Assistant Lecturer at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto and at the Superior Institute of Engineering of Porto. Collaborates with the Lusófona University of Porto since 2014 as Assistant Professor, currently Director of the Degree in Civil Engineering and Student Ombudsman.